Overview to implementing WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS) with a NASA theme design on Glenn Research Center websites.
Using our implementation of WordPress as a content management system has a tremendous number benefits over updating a static site by hand.
- Learn more about the GRC WordPress Users Guide and requirements
- View the sites that are using it now
- Find out how we can help you
Note: New articles to be added as FAQs are received from users regarding new theme.
- Supported and Recommended Plug-ins
- How Non-profits and Government Organizations of All Sizes Can Successfully Use WordPress
- Future Plans for the NASA GRC WordPress Theme and Website
About the Theme
A responsive version of the theme, with two color combinations being offered (the existing “space black” and a new “sky blue”), is the most currently supported.
Genesis Framework Links
Most useful for developers who want to look under the hood. The theme can be customized without editing the physical code. (Update: Some pages linked below are now only available via a StudioPress account. Contact this site’s curator for more information.)
- More about Genesis
- Genesis Tutorials
WordPress Helpful Links
WordPress has an extensive usage guide. Here are the most common links to their guide that we visit. (Links open in new window.)
- Working with WordPress
- Writing Pages
- Writing Posts (News)
- Inserting Images and Files
- User Roles
- TinyMCE (Content Editing Tool)
Subscribe to This Site
Receive automatic email notifications when new items are posted on this site.