What is the NASA GRC WordPress site?
The NASA GRC WordPress site provides an overview and rationale to using the WordPress open-source content management system. The first theme was originally created by Joe Banks (DB Consulting) and Joshua Glemza (DB Consulting) at Glenn Research Center to accommodate the NASA look and feel as developed in the 2005 NASA Web Standards design. You can view the current themes demonstrated on the NASA GRC WordPress Development site.
When should you use it?
You should use it when you’re looking for a quick way to create and maintain accessible, Section 508 compliant sites. However, it is not intended to be used as a front end to a web application.
The current theme has been tested and working on:
- WordPress 3.2.1 and above
- PHP 5.x
- MySQL 5
Essentially, all that is required of users who will update their sites with this system is the following:
- Basic working knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of Section 508 website accessibility requirements (internal only).
- By the time your site launches, an account with NASA STRAW (internal only) for both the Responsible NASA Official (RNO) and Site Curator for both the required initial site approval and the annual site reviews.
- A NASA GRC Worldspace account (internal only) to assist with overall site accessibility and Section 508 compliance.